This is a wonderful opportunity for a Computer Engineer with an interest in the design and development of large text data processing techniques, machine learning methods and text mining algorithms. The Computational Linguistic Specialist will enhance our existing products and develop new products ensuring they stand out from the competition and are interesting and fun for end users.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to) :
• Build & strengthen features for social media applications.
• Optimizing complex and hard to compute algorithms and techniques to be utilized and embedded in light weight end user interfaces such as web browsers and cell phones.
• Collaborate in cross-functional, geographically distributed teams to develop system prototypes, integrating semantic and sentiments analyses.
• Come up with new, innovative and creative ideas.
• Responsible for developing new and interesting applications.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Must have worked or has published research work on analyzing micro-blogging engines such as Twitter feeds or Facebook wall posts.
• Architecting stable, scalable data processing frameworks.
• Experience of working with large real-time news processing and preference matching on text based data specifically for topic discovery and clustering, named entity extraction, semantic and sentiments analysis.
• Nice to have working experience of HADOOP, Cassandra, MongoDB, etc.
• Familiarity with supervised and unsupervised machine learning, statistical and predictive modeling techniques for analyzing unstructured free text not conforming to a particular language's grammar rules or may have sentences/words from different languages in a single document.
• A proven passion for generating insights from data, open source platforms, and public data sets.
• Either done or is in the process of doing masters in Computer Science specializing in Computational Linguistics, Natural Language Processing or a related field.
• Collaborate in cross-functional teams to develop system prototypes, integrating algorithms and software.
• Ability to characterize and optimize the computational complexity of algorithms.
All applicants applying for the post must be available for the work for 30-40 hours a week, with at least 3-4hrs overlapping 10am-6pm CST, preferably CST evenings, to attend analyze sessions and project meetings.
To qualify, you must first successfully go through the paid testing phase, complete the required tests and interviews with us. If we find you to be a good fit for the position you will receive an official offer from us at a competitive rate (depending on experience and test scores).
A web camera is required for each testing phase. It is mandatory to log-in to the oDesk Team application and turn the camera snapshot "on" for proctoring purposes.
Skills: processing, algorithms, design, research, twitter, facebook, analysis