• We have a fantastic team of writers and editors who work closely together to produce the best content practicable.
• We have a dedicated, respectful and social team of people of various backgrounds, experiences, cultures and locations working to create the best collaborative environment possible.
• We have been through the initial pain barrier and are really going to expand the team this year, it is an exciting time to join in.
• We are looking for native English speaking Editors who can start immediately, or in the near future who are able to correct and check content written by writers before delivery to clients.
• You MUST be a team player – anyone who prefers not being an active member of the team or prone to negativity will find it difficult, if not impossible..
• You MUST be reliable, for example when agreeing to complete your work you will ensure delivery within the time you specified or give early warning.
• Great communication skills in giving useful feedback and communicating with the rest of the team.
• Always communicate in a respectful, calm and positive manner.
• Dedication and time to commit to regular editing – If you can at least edit once a week then that is fine, but the more you can do the better.
• Desire to be an active member of a quality content producing team – You may not yet realize you have this desire of course, but being active within the team will bring great rewards.
• Desire to improve and take action on advice given by other editors and writers – The work produced here goes through two checks normally and if problems are found with some of your editing work then you will need to record and be proactive in fixing it as soon as possible.
• Able to edit content accurately with a good understanding of the language and on higher levels the audience and client.
• Able to follow instructions – This is important, because this is how our clients will measure our quality.
• Work quantity and quality will vary and you will have a choice of whatever content you wish to edit.
• You will follow and work to improve the process that is in place by working with the rest of the team.
• Your role will be to check the content being produced matches the style and language requirements of the client. To send back anything that requires rework to the writers, or if really simple just fix it, if it can be done quickly.
• The important part here is feedback and accuracy, highlighting any issues with the writing that can be improved. Ideally you will want to be in a situation where everything goes through without any need for editing and your contribution here will be invaluable in making the quality as good as it can be.
• If you are a great team player, understand the process well and contribute to the team there is an opportunity to become a Team Leader, or even Management.
• Current rate range $2-$3 per 1000 words and is exclusive of any financial or service charges. No Upfront payment before you start anything.
• $2 per 1000 words is for checking content to a level that a high school student will not find any fault with, ensuring that it conforms to the requirements set for it and is free of typo and grammatical error. This is the starting level for content produced.
• $3 per 1000 words are for more professional editing and proofing, requiring more knowledge of the reading audience and purpose of the content, or helping feedback minor language issues with some writers.
To apply tell me in no less than a 100 words about why this role is of interest to you and what you want to achieve in the next five years. Possibly also what, if any, specialist skills you may have in editing. Put on the first line the word hamster - failure to do this will mean immediate rejection. We will then test you on a selected article to see how you would edit it and get an idea which projects you might be suitable for.
Skills: grammar, english, test