I am looking to annotate a commercial lease agreement. I need someone to look over each clause in a contract and describe in plain English what it means, and why it is important. For consistency, I would like you to answer the following questions for each paragraph/clause:
- What does this clause mean, in layman's terms?
- Why is this clause important.
- Give a few examples of cases for which this clause would be included in the contract.
- Is there any additional pertinent information about this clause? (example, how does it interact with other clauses, does it contradict other clauses? etc.)
The work should be completed within Excel. Please see the attached file "Commercial Lease Agreement Annotations.xcl" and use it as a template to describe each clause.
We are looking for a certified legal professional with experience in drafting and editing contracts. Any experience with real estate contracts, in particular, is an added advantage. While we do not have a geographic preference, we prefer to work with partners who have some knowledge of US and Common Law.
We will use this first contract as a test to hire a partner to work on annotating several other legal contracts in the real estate field. There are a total of approximately 30 legal contracts that require annotations. Here are some examples of additional contracts we will be looking to annotate:
- Industrial lease agreement
- Mortgage note
- Offer to purchase, etc.
Skills: english, contract-documentation, legal-services