TAS (The Apartment Service) UK is seeking an experienced, highly skilled software developer to join a distributed, but close knit team of software developers. The candidate will be required to come into the team and provide development support in maintaining and developing various websites including: www.roomspace.com. The role will be particularly focused on front-end development/usability but the candidate must have a solid understanding of systems right through to the DB level to be considered.
Key Competencies/ Skills
- Linux (Debian, Ubuntu)
- PHP / Cake PHP
- slicing PSD to HTML
- A professional approach to development with an appreciation of developing well documented procedures. Working with tools and systems to support this attitude such as version control, bug tracking etc
- You should be able to create pages of HTML using designs saved as PSD files.
- The ability to perform requirements analysis and use own initiative to investigate and implement workable solutions.
- An excellent communicator with an excellent English reading and writing skills
- An interest in having a long-term relationship with TAS to develop new and innovative systems in this rapidly expanding industry. To take responsibility for helping to drive the company strategy forward
Qualifications / Experience:
- Qualifications to a university level
- Experience working with travel based systems, such as global distribution systems, central reservation systems, property management systems etc. would be an advantage.
Skills: linux, apache, analysis, english, management