Need an individual to find recent information (articles, papers, etc.) on how personal finance is taught to teens and young adults in the country of Turkey and write an article on the topic. This information will be used to compare what is taught in the United States.
Specifically, the individual will attempt find answers to these questions:
- What is taught about personal finance and at what age?
- What programs are available?
- Is this content taught to all children or a sub-set?
- Are their programs from non-profits that are available? If so, what programs and who are they taught to (ie Junior Achievement does some of this in the US)?
- Is use of banks common in Turkey? Are loans common? Does it depend on the region? Culturally are there differences in populations (effect of Islam, etc.)?
The individual is expected to respond to these questions, quoting the articles as appropriate. The articles, papers, etc. must all have been written between 2002 - 2012.
This project entails creating:
- Annotated Bibliography of articles and stories related to finance and education
- Outline of Report
- Report that synthesizes the literature
The research will be broken into three stages based on completion of these three items. Reviews will be conducted throughout. Payment will be made when each item is finalized.
Information about software/phone apps and other technology that is used to teach finance, or tools that are used by youth in Turkey to track finance would be extremely helpful to this project.
Skills: finance, research