WEB SITE DESIGN OVERVIEW
The site will be an online avenue for selling custom handmade pens and will have the following features:
1) Users will be able to browse through already made pens that are currently in stock.
2) Users will be able to create their own pen from a “design-a-pen” module.
3) Users will be able to purchase pen refills, pen cases, displays and other items.
1) To use the Pen Design the user, client, has to sign in. They will have to create user name and password and enter their name and email address.
2) Pen design template will have an image of the basic pen. The image will change according to the selections made in dropdown menus.
3) Dropdown menus be as follows:
a. Pen component type
b. Pen component finish
c. Pen body cap material
d. Pen upper body upper material
e. Pen diagonal strip 1 material
f. Pen diagonal strip 2 material
g. Pen diagonal strip 3 material
h. Pen lower body upper material
i. Pen diagonal strip 1 material
j. Pen diagonal strip 2 material
k. Pen diagonal strip 3 material
l. Pen lower body lower material
4) As the user selects each option the cost of the pen will reflect their choices. A cost for each item must be editable in the admin backend.
5) After the pen is designed the user can print out an image of the pen. The image will be stored in the users file. An ID for each customer and each pen created will be assigned to track and for reorders.
The design will have three or more pen templates from which the user will be able to design their own pen.
An admin page will allow the Admin to set and change all prices, control inventory, upload images of already made pens and accessories.
1) Site will also have a database of all clients and customers information.
2) There will be two types of users, one will be retail customers, and the other is wholesale clients.
3) A price for retail and for price wholesale customers.
4) An option for multiple order discounts.
5) An option for sale pricing items.
6) A portal to paypal and other payment resources.
7) An image upload feature.
The home page shall be CSS and the home page image change every time a user returns to the home page. Links to image gallery, in stock pens, other items, create a pen and the usual contact, etc.
The home page should be well designed and have skins that are easily changed or that rotate upon opening the page.
The site should be easily updateable.
Skills: design, paypal