FRONT-END / INPUT
Only apply if you've built a Sinatra application and have experience with the following API's:
Google Search, Twitter and Facebook.
The application will allow a person to enter a location (ex: San Francisco) and pick a category (ex: restaurants) to view a listing of all the business that not only match that location/category, but have social mediate accounts (ex: Twitter / Facebook / Yelp)
This project will be collaborative and open ended as the technology will need to be refined and iterated upon.
I have API keys for all the services.
1) Take the search and run it against SimpleGEO to find all the locations
2) Take the locations and search against Google Local for the local page
3) Search the name against Qwerly to find if the company has a social presence
4) If any of them match, output the result.
API TO USE:
- Google Hotpot
- Simple HTML/CSS
- Clean and explicit w/ comments
- Keep it DRY (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don't_repeat_yourself)
- Error handling
* Great written english
* Ruby on Rails/Merb (min. 2 years)
* Agile development (XP/Scrum)
* Test driven development (TDD/BDD)
* Experience of version control i.e. Git
* Strong communication skills - ability to present your ideas to a team
* Competent using Linux / OS X
* Experience with complex database design (MySql)
* Flexible, committed and punctual
* Able to operate under pressure and meet deadlines
* Focus on frequent delivery of working systems
Please provide a link to your github account or other code sample that I can review.
This is a person project, but I am a technology entrepreneur and angel investor.
Skills: twitter, facebook, json, english, agile, test, linux, design