I bought an unmanaged VPS (Linode) and need someone to set it up for me. The main purpose of the server will be to download, process, and caching data from an external API site to use with a mobile application. I need someone with server experience to do the following:
0. Give me software/modules/tools recommendations for the requirement I listed below
1. Setup a LEMP server using following modules as the base:
- Debian os
- nginx as the web server
- mysql dbms
- php5, php-fpm, suhosin
- memcached or other caching mechanism that you recommended
2. Setup nginx virtual hosts
3. Setup FTP with virtual users using vsftpd
4. Setup important server monitoring tools and teach me some basics of how to use them
5. Optimize the server
6. Security hardening the server
I am looking for a contractor that has the following skills:
1. Prior experience in setting up and configuring Linux servers, especially with Nginx
2. Ability to explain and reports things you done clearly in English
I will need you to be available during US business time for the discussions with me, but you can otherwise work on your own time.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes your background in Linux server setup, optimization, and security hardening.
About the company
We are a startup mobile app company focused on sports app.
Skills: linux, server-administration, xen, english, sports