I'm looking for an all-round core java programmer who can help implement various business and framework components.
- Implement business components
- Implement convenience framework APIs and utils
- Ad-hoc troubleshooting and debugging
You'll be working a mixture of ad-hoc tasks that would take up to a few hours each, as well as bigger components that may take a few days to implement.
LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO:
- Is skilled in common techniques, such as: generics, concurrency, recursive processing, regex, string manipulation, collections (sorting, manipulating, etc.)
- Is good with algorithms, i.e. keeping a clear mental picture of abstract processes
- Has a good sense of clean & quality coding
- Knows how to recognize and prevent performance bottlenecks, without going overboard with it
- Is skilled at debugging
- Is quick to understand requirements
- Loves the Java language
- Loves solving challenging problems
- Knows how to use git and maven
- Knows how to write basic unit tests for simple components (others are written
by test engineers)
- Is a full-time freelancer and available immediately
USEFUL EXPERIENCE (not required):
- Google Guava, particularly collections
- EAV pattern, especially when you've worked with it in product-related apps
- CQRS pattern
- Immutable objects
- Product/Order/Stock apps in general
We're currently working on a framework/platform to make development of our apps quick, predictable and considerably more effortless. In paralel we're developing an app that helps small retail entrepreneurs manage their products and stock in just a fraction of the time and effort of what they were used to.
PLEASE INCLUDE IN YOUR APPLICATION:
- A representative code example from your portfolio
- 2 or 3 pointers to relevant past experience that covers skills or experience mentioned in this post
- A few lines about why you are the perfect match for this job
I'm looking forward to reviewing your applications!
Skills: multithreading, debugging, troubleshooting