Please note: we have significantly changed the scope. Contractors should re-apply please.
We need a database to improve our sales and inventory management. Our business is as follows:
1. We buy wine products (70+) from a number of wine producers (8+)
2. We have the products sent directly from the supplier to a number of warehouses (6+) around Australia
3. Our sales reps (8+) meet with customers (1000+) and take orders
4. The orders are placed back through head office for delivery either direct from one of our warehouses or via a third party wholesaler (which periodically places orders for bulk deliveries supplied from one of our warehouses). We would like these orders to be taken via iPad then emailed in a format that can be easily uploaded to the system (so will need a simple form/app).
5. Prices, freight and discounts should be automatically calculated and applied based on the customer, qty ordered, territory, deal etc or subject to manual over-ride
6. We will upload orders from our system to third party wholesalers and logistics providers via EDI
7. Third party wholesalers will periodically supply us with sales reports that will include:
a. sales that have come via our sales reps (and are therefore already in our system); and
b. sales that have been placed directly with the wholesaler (that are therefore not already in our system)
Sales and inventory data will need to be periodically uploaded to our finance system (MYOB) or preferably interfaced with MYOB.
We require extensive sales reporting, including:
Sales rep performance
Sales by product
Sales by geographic region
Stock movement by warehouse location
Profitability by product, sales rep, territory, customer etc
This is a system that will evolve over time and we will require a developer that can work with us on an ongoing basis to upgrade as necessary. Please include a budgeted hourly rate as well as a fixed price. Please feel free to request any additional information to assist you in your quote.
Skills: finance, myob, mobile-application-development