• We have a fantastic team of writers and editors who work closely together to produce the best content practicable and create the best collaborative environment possible.
• We have a dedicated, respectful and social team of people of various backgrounds, experiences, cultures and locations.
• We have been through the initial pain barrier and are really going to expand the team this year, it is an exciting time to join in.
• We are looking for skilled content writers who can start immediately or very soon, who can produce work to instruction consistently with no spelling or grammar mistakes, preferably someone who is native English speaking.
• You MUST be a team player – anyone who prefers not being an active member of the team or prone to negativity will find it difficult, if not impossible.
• You MUST be reliable, for example when agreeing to complete you work you will ensure delivery within the time you specified or give early warning.
• Dedication and time to commit to regular writing – If you can at least write once a week then that is fine, but the more you can do, the better.
• Great communication skills in giving useful feedback and communicating with the rest of the team.
• Always communicate in a respectful, calm and positive manner.
• Dedication and time to commit to regular writing – If you can at least write once a week then that is fine, but the more you can do the better.
• Desire to be an active member of a quality content producing team – You may not yet realize you have this desire of course, but being active within the team will bring great rewards.
• Desire to improve and take action on advice given by editors and other writers – They are there to help ensure your message comes across in what you write, another pair of eyes so to speak, so their feedback is useful and must be acted on to improve. You will be expected to keep a record of whatever issues are raised with your writing and proactively find ways to correct it. The rest of the team is also there to help you achieve this.
• Ability to produce content with little or better still no editing required.
• Dedication to good writing – Beyond any language skill there is an absolute minimum standard you must adhere to at any level that includes no plagiarism and good researching from authoritative resources for example.
• Able to follow instructions – This is important, because this is how our clients will measure our quality.
• The work quantity and quality will vary and you will have a choice of whatever content you wish to produce, to deliver it normally within a 12 hour deadline. Other projects have different flexible commitments.
• You will follow and work to improve the process that is in place by working with the rest of the team.
• Any writer that shows they understand language, grammar and instructions will also be able to choose between content creation and editing.
• If a writer is a great team player and understands the process well there is an opportunity to become a Team Leader, or even Management.
• Current rate range $5-$10 per 1000 words and is exclusive of any financial or service charges. No Upfront payment before you start anything.
• $5 per 1000 words start generally - but if you require little or no editing and show you can follow instructions well you will be trialled in different projects at the $7 or $10 rate.
• We are all striving to increase the rates that possible through proving that we can deliver quality content, in time and to specification.
To apply tell me in no less than a 100 words about why this role is of interest to you and what you want to achieve in the next five years. Possibly also what, if any, specialist skills you may have in writing, like press releases, eBooks, or anything else related. Put on the first line the word hamster - Failure to do this will mean immediate rejection. We will then test you at different levels at different times to see how you get on.
Skills: grammar, english, writing