Exchange 2013 fresh install gives 403 error AND Server database move
We had an exchange 2013 server installed on Win 2012 R2 which has crashed. Database is intact.
I created a new instance of the Server in a different forest - SAME server name.
Issues we have:
1. Cant login to ECP as it throws a 403 error. I have followed Microsoft article
but to no avail
2. Need to copy the database from the old exchange 2013 server to new server.
Fix the broken 2013 Exchange server
- I rebuild the Primary domain controller and created a new forest
- There are only 20 mailboxes on the original server - but these are essential and must be restored
- both servers have been upgraded to CU5
- RDP access can be given to both old and new servers