I am looking for translator from Hebrew to English for a book about health. It was written by a MD, for common people.
Text includes medical/chemical terms and spiced with author’s Israeli humor.
- American English as a first language. Translated text should be perfect, errors free, matching American culture, aimed to common people.
- Ability to understand and translate meaning of text, not just literal translation.
- Understanding small nuances in Hebrew text.
- Ability to identify and translate into accurate medical/scientific English terms, when needed.
- Humor sense. Ability to translate/transfer Israeli humor into American humor.
- - Willingness to ask for advice when author’s intention is not clear.
- Experience in similar translations
Final candidates will probably be asked to translate two short Hebrew paragraphs from the book, as a test.
Please let me know your payment quote and time estimate.