This project is to produce a clean/simple visual design including some user experience design for an iPhone App!
We plan to release a fair number of more apps in the future, we'd love to find a great designer to build a long term relationship with. We've done a fair amount of work through oDesk already.
TripWhat is a website and mobile app to help you plan your next trip. You can start from your current location (if you're exploring a new city on holiday), or enter a destination you're going to visit!
- Pan and zoom the map to change the search, e.g. the visual bounds of the map constrain the search (you can see this on the website)
- Save places to your trip, then see them all on a map together (e.g. choose a couple attractions to visit, and a restaurant to eat at, then see how close they are to each other)
See our webapp (under construction) to get a feel: http://tripwhat.com (username: travel, password: travel)
- We'd like to be inspired by the new Google Maps app for IOS
- Visual design: Should be clean, simple, feel like a native iPhone app
- User experience: Needs to be intuitive and consistent with the best iPhone apps, including changing layout as necessary, switching UI elements
- See attached mockups showing screens and states
- These mockups are "functional", e.g. they show all the features we want, the layout and UI elements can be changed
- All icons/symbols are placeholders, need new ones designed
- Phase 1: JPG designs of most screens/states
- Phase 2: Updated designs based on feedback
- Phase 3: All artifacts needed for development, including source files (PSD etc)
- Designs must work well on iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S and iPhone 5
- Must take advantage of extra height on iPhone5
- Must take advantage of retina display when present
- We'll be using Google Maps SDK for IOS
If you're interested in the job:
- please quote codeword: MANBEARPIG
- provide a competitive/realistic bid, I'll be inviting a number of qualified candidates
- give links to (3) relevant iPhone apps in iTunes that you're proud of that you've done the design for