I currently own the website Impression of Sound (impressionofsound.com). We specialize in track-by-track reviews of albums, as well as provide news, features, etc.
My website is done through Joomla, utilizing both articles and K2, and I am not interested in switching to another platform. That being said, there are quite a few things that I’m interested in switching/upgrading/enhancing on the current website. A detailed list of what I hope to accomplish with this project is located below.
One of the main goals of this project is not only to receive the necessary work for the website, but to build a relationship with a developer moving forward. Posting jobs and acquiring new development talent is a cumbersome process, and I’d like to have someone I can go to in the future and work with without having a long, drawn out process to do so. Additionally, I’d love to work with someone who has a passion or hobby for music. It’s a lot easier to understand my tendencies towards the website if you’re mildly invested in what I’m trying to achieve.
There is a very tight deadline for this project. The deadline is June 8th for completion, with the project starting on May 18th.
Also, all of the work for this project will be done on a development website. Arguably the most important part of this project is that you PROVIDE DOCUMENTATION. This is absolutely imperative and the job won’t be complete until I’ve received it. I want to know exactly how you accomplished every part of the work. I can elaborate more on this later if need be.
Below is a list of the various issues that need to be tackled with this project. I’ve separated them by page in an attempt to make it easier to read and understand.
1. Logo relocation. I’m quite familiar with Joomla and moving my logo, but this template has given me some grief in doing so and I have somewhere specific I want to move it without misconfiguring everything else.
2. Social Buttons: Currently the social buttons are located at the very bottom of the page. They’ll need to be relocated to the top of the page, as well as I’d like to add a button to them.
3. Gallery/Banner: Currently there is a banner on the home page, I’d like to swap it out for a gallery (could potentially be Rocket theme if that facilitates the ease of doing it).
This is the most imperative part of the entire project and what I’d like most of the time to be spent on. The format of our reviews will not be changing, but the current design is a little archaic. I’d like to change the design to something much sleeker and newer.
Specifically, I want the track-by-track portion to be centered around an accordion style drop down. After you’ve been assigned the project, we’ll discuss more about this and I’ll be able to provide wireframes.
I need a specific page made for an author on the website. I doesn’t need to be too complex, but we can talk more about it later.
There are a few things that need to be added across the site (for both articles and K2):
1. Comments: I’d prefer Disqus.
2. Author Info: There’s currently nothing as far as authors go, and this website employs over 10 contributors, so it’d be great to get something that can display them.
3. Website background and color scheme: More information can be provided about this at a later date.