OpenVPN Technologies is the developer of OpenVPN, the premier open source VPN technology in the world.
Join our team as we develop OpenVPN into a world-class VPN solution targeting multiple markets from consumer to small business to enterprise.
* Web tool kits for various OS Environment (Webkit, V8)
* Web Services (XML-RPC, SOAP, REST)
* Familiarity with frameworks such as Joomla, Zend and others
* OS Programming Environment: Windows and Mac platforms (Linux, iOS, Android highly desirable) including system services and taskbar notification
* Good understanding of VPN, networking, routing and web security concepts
We need a developer who is able to work with a high degree of autonomy (i.e. able to work and be innovative given general goals, with minimal supervision needed). Documentation skills are required – all work has to be properly documented for the rest of the team.
The ability to design usable, attractive user interfaces is the main requirement (most of the work is on our client-facing interfaces).
The developer has to be familiar with change management software such as SVN and Git. We also use Bugzilla for issue tracking and reporting, so some familiarity with that would be a plus.
Networking and low-level TCP/IP experience ideal, most of the work will have to do with VPN, routing, NAT traversal, IP filtering and firewalls, etc. OpenVPN and general security/encryption experience would be a plus.
The developer should also be able to create and execute unit testing and initial QA, including creation of test plans and setting up test environments for our QA engineers.