This is a small project where we need to find the weakness from the attached IEEE paper and propose another solution based on linear programming methods for optimization.
Read the paper carefully and summarize, in your own words, what was accomplished in the paper
Identify the weaknesses of the paper, if any, and show how to improve on those weaknesses
Explain how you can extend the work on the paper
Consider a small scale example and use the example to demonstrate the differences between your improved approach, extensions and the original techniques in the paper
Submit a full report in which all the five items above are explained in details.
Key Skills: Strong Knowledge in Electrical Engineering (Power Flow), Tele communication Engineering, Linear programming (Optimization) methods i.e
1. Formulation of LP problems
2. Graphical solution of LP problems
3. The simplex algorithm
4. Primal and dual solutions to LP
5. Network problems
6. Integer LP (ILP) problems
7. Branch and Bound solution method
8. Special ILP problems to include:- knapsack, cutting stock, travelling salesperson,
9. Special tools for large scale ILP to include:- column generation, Dantzig-Wolfe decomposition,Lagrangian relaxation
Project can be divided into two part. Part one " Identify the weaknesses of the paper, if any, and show how to improve on those weaknesses" has to be done by Nov 5. and rest of the project can be completed within next 10 days by Nov 15.