I have designed a working bare-bones Wordpress Theme. The problem is that most of the components are hard coded because I use FTP to make changes usually.
This particular theme will be deployed dozens of times to clients, so I need you to convert the sidebar to widgets and have theme options and menus.
You aren't expected to do any design work.
You need to take what I've done so far and make it so it could basically be listed on Wordpress.org as a free template (it won't) but it should have that level of usability and functionality that users expect.
Things I need:
- Show a Preview of the Most Recent Sticky as a Featured Post.
- Followed by the latest 3 posts from each category.
- Enable Pagination and Noindex/Follow paged pages.
Menus / Header / Footer
- Right now they are hard coded.
- I need you to make them dynamic Wordpress Menus.
Widgets / Sidebar
- Right now the sidebar is hardcoded.
- I need you to make the different boxes into widgets.
- I need Wordpress Theme Options enabled.
- For things like ad spots and social media intergration.
- I'd like to include a message at the top and a link to my site. (Later updateable if possible.)
Shortcode for Ad
- I created a shortcode to insert an ad, but it's hard coded, you need to make it so the ad can be plugged into the shortcode somehow via the wordpress admin.
Prepare the Theme for Re-Deployment
- Any hardcoded URLs you need to change so it uses the wordpress url in settings.
- Some style sheets and images are located outside of the theme. Move them into the theme.
Make it Easy for Me.
- I'm not a noob to Wordpress, but I want to make the deployment of this theme easy.
- I want to be able to upload this Theme and have it almost totally ready to go.
- I only want to make a few manual hard code changes like in the CSS and the logo.
- The rest should be through options and widgets.
I've laid a lot of ground work, but I need you to take what I've done and really make it into the kind of Wordpress Theme experience that users expect.
You shouldn't have any trouble with this if you are in fact a Wordpress Theme Developer. If you do well on this job, I will have at least 2 more for you in the coming week or two.
I have made a video that shows me going over the Theme and explaining my needs:
The only thing the video doesn't mention is how I want the "suggest articles" and "featured articles" to work on a single.php post.
Suggested Articles should not be from the current category being shown. The Featured Articles should only be from the current category being shown and exclude the current post.
I have set my budget at $200, but it's really more like $100-$500 depending on you level of skill and quality. I need someone who is easy to communicate with via Skype or quick on getting back to me through oDesk.
I will not even consider any cookie cutter bids. You need to prove to me that you understand the project and have the skills I need.
The winner will receive FTP access and all the necessary files and I will be very accessible for any questions you have.