I am looking for someone to help me decide on and setup an ecommerce platform for me. Give me a run down of how to get it setup as quickly as possible and setup the "developer" parts that I don't have the knowledge or time to do. I am fine with ZenCart, Wordpress, Magento, etc…doesn't matter to me, just want a professional opinion to help me decide and implement quickly.
I'm willing to purchase template and modify the designs, but commerce is beyond my knowledge and I need help ASAP.
Per our conversation:
[8/5/14 10:53:08 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: So the retail side of the site first:
- Have a login available for customers to register
- capability for them to create a wish list and share it with friends, family or even through social media (let me know if that is possible)
- color modifications to the navigation and other areas of the site so it's consistent with our brand
- show me how to setup our items under the correct category and which detail to pay attention to when adding
- set up the choice selections for each piece of jewelry, ex: length, leather color, pearl color, etc.
- show me how to make that active for different pieces of jewelry because not all items will need every option
- need to be able to track inventory of the items online - so how to add or modify
[8/5/14 10:55:58 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: - can the site be in a wrapper where we are we able to add a background image while the shopping area of the site remains white
- want to remove the returns options, we don't do returns
- where do I upload images to change for the slideshow on the front, and where the "mens boots" graphics are
- How do I add other pages like an "about us", "press", "locations with a google map for our storefront, contact, etc
- how do I add images to those kind of pages if they aren't showing items we sell
[8/5/14 10:56:09 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: ok that's all for that side
[8/5/14 11:01:32 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: - oh and I need to add a "wholesale login" link to the top of the page where it says welcome, my account, etc
- and I don't like that search box where it is, so either remove it or move it over or something
[8/5/14 11:08:55 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: Wholesale: not even sure magento should be used, so you give me your expertise based on what we want:
- Need a page where they have to fill out an application to register, so that we can confirm they have the correct documentation to be wholesale, after we receive it, we want to approve their access and then they can have a username and password to access the catalog for wholesale.
- they should be able to view items, the wholesale price and add it as an order that will be emailed to our sales person
- the order has to showing pending and notify that the order will not be shipped until a check has been received in the mail from them.
- still need the variables for items (ex: leather color, pearl size, etc)
[8/5/14 11:09:24 PM] Jigar Shah-Ecommerce Store Development Experts: okk
[8/5/14 11:09:58 PM] Tiffany Vaughan: still want it to fit in with the same branding of colors, but doesn't have to pull from inventory like the retail side, wholesale will be more like placing an order and everything will be made for them