Port Moody, British Columbia, Canada.
Our project will be situated on the upper / northern side of Port Moody at the entrance to Anmore and Belcarra (specific area called Pleasantside). Please note that this area differs from the lower / southern side of Port Moody in terms of history, real estate prices, and demographics.
- Growing suburban area of the city of Vancouver (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Moody)
This project will involve several phases and separate building developments. Phase one however involves a full restoration of a heritage building, originally built in the 1928. This is the part I want to focus on at this time. It is a Provincial Government recognized heritage building and is on the list of Canada's historic places.
*Other research and documentation will be made available, this project has been in the planning for some time, with excavation set to begin in June 2014.
What I need:
1) A marketing strategy backed up by solid market research - history behind this project should be one of the main selling points as it is still fresh in the minds of many local residents.
2) Funding research through federal grant programs
3) Possible fundraising options for the project through local sources
4) Community involvement strategies (social media, events) - my idea is to keep the community involved in the building process and ask for their reviews and feedback on future decisions.
* This information should be polished and well-presented, ready to be put into the business plan. Creativity and out-of-the-box thinking is just as important on this one as are solid financials; need someone who can deliver both.
Here is the local newspaper article outlining project strategy by the architect: http://www.tricitynews.com/news/197229601.html
Looking forward to your inquiries!