We are looking for content writers to our new website named FinanceFixed.com
FinanceFixed.com is a new start-up website that has a mission to help people solve their financial problems and achieve their financial goals by providing them quick, simple and practical information, guides, tools and resources.
Our primary audience is average people between 18-40 ages, particularly whose live in USA.
We are supportive, friendly and we want you to grow and improve yourself as much as grow our company. Working at FinanceFixed.com can be a great career opportunity for you.
The salary will be $675 per month exclusive Odesk fee ($750 w/Odesk fee). Salary rise can be made based on results, and can be discussed at a later stage, but $675 is what we'll start with in first months.
We need 21 articles as initial website content, and we need one professional content writer to write 4-6 articles in finance niche per week – all between 750-1100 words – who works with us in full-time and for long term.
That means we’ll hire 4-5 persons to write 4-6 articles for us each, and then
we’ll pick one we liked most and continue to work with him/her in the long term.
After some time when writer gains more experience, we may scale that number up; up to 12 articles per week, but this can be discussed at a later stage.
But QUALITY of the content is more important than the quantity of the content. 5 high quality articles are better than 12 ugly articles. See below “CONTENT QUALIFIES” for more details on what we look for.
All paid Intellectual Property will be owned by us.
YOUR TASKS WILL BE:
• Write 4-5 articles a week, all between 750-1100 words. We may scale that number up to 12 articles, but it can be discussed at a later stage. See “Content Qualifies” for more details.
• Write 1 Video script per week, between 400-700 words.
• Write e-mail content for subscribers, 1 email between 300-600 words per week.
• Other tasks can be given over time, like writing eBooks, copywriting etc. but these can be discussed at a later stage.
• Don’t worry, we’ll not burnout you.
CONTENT QUALIFIES (AND SOME TIPS YOU SHOULD FOLLOW WHEN WRITING):
• Between 750-1100 words for each article
• Should NOT be a re-write version of an existing article
• Should NOT be written using an article spinner or article rewriting software.
• MUST be 100% original and unique (We have different software and techniques to check the originality and we won't pay for copied or even for partial copied content.)
• MUST be 100 % grammatically correct
• Should have effective and magnetic headlines. (Headlines are important!)
• Should have great content flow.
• Should make complete meaning and value top to down.
• Written in simple English, so it’s easy to understand.
• Magazine-quality content (high quality at least like the articles at CNN, Forbes, WSJ, Reuters, Financial Times, Inc.com etc.)
• Meet the deadlines
• Split the articles in small chunks to make it easy to read. Article Templates can be (and even may be) used.
• Research the existing content very well before writing the content,
• Use keywords and keyword tools to read the “audience’s mind” and content ideas. (For more info on what I mean, read: http://www.copyblogger.com/do-keywords-in-post-titles-really-matter/ )
• Focus on Readers first, not Search Engines.
• Supplement each article with 1-2 images (don’t worry, images are easy to find, and if you don’t want to do it self, another person can do that. But I suggest the writer to do that self).
• Use references, notes, bullet points, bold/italic text etc. when it makes sense.
PREFERRED CANDIDATES WILL HAVE:
• Wide knowledge in finance and personal finance.
• Strong research and writing skills
• Copywriting skills, like writing magnetic headlines and great content
• Strong knowledge and command of the English language
• Willingness and ability to work independently
• A willingness to learn, grow and prove yourself.
THE HIRING PROCESS:
1. We’ll review all the applicants, and we’ll send some interview questions to all the candidates that we think may fit for the position. We’ll use Odesk’s message system.
2. After the interview, we’ll pick max 20 candidates to a test task that takes only one day. You’ll get paid $30 for that task. The test task will start at Monday 28 January, at 08:00 Central European Time, and must be completed and sent to me before Tuesday 29 January at 08:00 Central European Time.
3. After the test task, we’ll pick max 5 of the candidates to write the initial 21 articles (4-6 articles each). This short-term job will start at Wednesday 30 January, and must be finished latest on Tuesday 5 February. You’ll get paid $30 for each article (exclusive oDesk fee).
4. We’ll pick one of the candidates and continue to work with him.
HOW TO APPLY?
• Send us an application. Describe us short why you think I should pick you for this job.
• Include some samples work. We prefer some related samples (e.g. content in finance niche).
Skills: script-writing, writing, research, english, ebooks, finance, video, rewriting, test