"The Spree Email to Friend extension enables you to send the product reference to your friend via email."
This module is almost updated to Spree 2.x it still need RSpec test coverage and Capybara feature specs. Also required to confirm that the extension hooks into the Spree 2.x version layout correctly.
Its a fairly simple project estimated to only a couple of hours work if you know what you doing. I mainly posted it as a start job for developer before I let them in on a bigger job.
- Rspec tests coverage >= 95%
- Feature specs with Capybara so we know it always there
- Update module so it work with changes in Spree 2.x (if needed)
- Update so views and hooks apply seamless into Spree 2.x (if needed)
Note: Don't forget to checkout different branches you might find neat things that can be cherry-picked straight into your working clone and save you some time. But we think we cherry-picked all good commits already.
This is a job for anyone that are very comfortable with Rails, RSpec and Capybara. Knowledge of Spree or at least that you can understand its API quick.
How to apply
1, Please checkout the source code of the project before you apply, its open for all so you can just git clone it and test it out.
2, Don't apply please with irrelevant long CV and showcases from your copy & past bin, write a short message with relevant info about the task (we Ruby developers to and like things short and techy).
3, Don't apply please if you think you can include learning Spree in the hours paid, update yourself on your spare time.
4, It would be nice if you send us your Github profile link and Skype id.
We will submit many similar "coffee-break-jobs" based on some of our forks/repositories and looking for right person to assist us with those and some other private extensions.
1. Clone our fork and use it as upstream.
2. Keep your pull requests frequent and in sync with your work hours.
3. Follow the styleguide https://github.com/thoughtbot/guides
4. Use new ruby hash syntax.
Spree dev docs: http://guides.spreecommerce.com/developer
- By Skype
- You can also at IRC freenode.org ask for help if you get stuck at #spree
git clone https://github.com/futhr/spree_email_to_friend.git
git remote add upstream https://github.com/futhr/spree_email_to_friend.git
bundle exec rake test_app
COVERAGE=true bundle exec rspec spec
__debug stuff with pry__