Our Company is looking for an exclusive industrial design/electronic engineering firm or engineer(s) for our proposed Solar Rechargeable LED Light. This light will be used in harsh marine and outdoor environments.
The selected electronic engineer designer will design a standalone 12v LED light module/component which will be integrated into our proposed end-user products. The 12v LED light will be
We have rough sketches and specifications, but will need the engineer to pull all this together into a final design with the existing research we have. It will require understanding competing products on the market. A similar competing product is: http://www.lakelite.com/pedestallites.html.
A NDA is required to be signed before any detailed specifications of the project are revealed.
- Engineering drawings and schematics for solar LED light design (PCB layout, LED driver, solar system design, etc.)
- 3D or CAD design drawings of end-user product
- BOMs (Bill of Materials) or components list, including identification of source for parts, costing, etc.
- Deliver several working LED prototypes that will undergo a battery of tests at our facility and must perform to expectations. Reiterations and tweaks may be required to allow for product improvement if fails any testing.
Option: Successful project could lead to contract to manufacture/mass produce LED solar components, or source the manufacturing of the LED component.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications. All generic (copy and paste) proposals will be declined.
- All applicants must have a professional portfolio on Elance or ODesk that include previous sample work on 12v solar related products.
- Experience with product conceptual development, manufacturability, and production implementation. This allows for an overall better product design and attention to detail on cost-efficiencies with mass production.
- Great intuition and ability to speak English to communicate detailed specifications is required.
- Significant design and engineering experience with 12v solar products, specifically designed for use in harsh marine environments.
- Understanding of 12v rechargeable batteries and solar power consumption, including voltage, current, and light (lumen) capacities and calculations for the most optimal solution.
- Detailed understanding of successful and long-lasting solar photovoltaic designs.
- Understanding when to use off-the-shelf or custom-designed solar photovoltaic components to save on costs.
- Understanding of UL and USCG requirements so that design and material meets marine-grade specifications.
- Experience in outsourcing for materials and components used in the design for mass production.
- Candidates with significant knowledge and are on the forefront of latest solar technologies is an added bonus.