I am the developer of an online game that that features "skinnable" parts. Players can choose a new image for their ball or a variety of pinball-inspired pieces. Examples include wood, tiger stripes, softball, disco, peacock feathers, etc.
I need one or more artists / illustrators to gather or create a large number of these skins (at least 100). The images can come from any source, so long as they are free and licensed for commercial use. You can create the images yourself if you like.
In addition to producing these images, you will be responsible for:
* making sure the images are of sufficient quality
* supplying the source files at full resolution
* outputting the images as jpegs with the following specs:
- compression set to maintain a good balance between quality and file size
- neither height nor width shall exceed 600 or be less than 200 pixels
- file size shall not exceed 200KB.
* dropping output files into a folder and running the game to make sure they look good when applied to a game part
* updating and adding to a spreadsheet (attached) with what skins are done and what their source and license is. The spreadsheet contains a list of about 70 ideas for skins to get started.
* some skins are intended for balls especially, these need to be stretched/designed to map onto a 3D sphere (see attached).
* all skins must be made into seamless textures. They are repeating patterns whose edges must blend smoothly.
I will pay $2.50 per skin completed that is of sufficient quality, up to a limit of 1000 skins, and paid in groups of 25. I would expect to receive at least 75 a week from each artist. As is normal with oDesk, ownership and rights on any images you create will transfer to me once I pay for them.