I am re-posting this job because I have earlier hired a developer on this job, but in the first 5 hours I could notice that he has absolutely no experience in the technologies that I have stated.
I am a good employer but I am prepared to pay only people who are qualified and are willing to work hard. In order to avoid the problems that I have had with the previous developer, I have decided to do a test during interview phase. The test is very simple and if you have worked on these stated technologies before, it would even be easier for you.
Here is the test:
1) Design two tables in a SQL Server database:
a. Customers with the standard fields: Customer ID (int, identity), Code (nvarchar-50), CategoryID (int – foreign key to Categories table), Name (nvarchar-500), Phone (nvarchar-50), Fax (nvarchar-50), Email (nvarchar-50), Address (nvarchar-1500), and Notes (nvarchar-1500)
b. Categories with fields: CategoryID (int - identity) and Name (nvarchar-500)
2) Using ASP.NET, design a web form that users would use to edit Categories in a DevExpress ASPxGridView control. The Grid should feature in-line editing
3) Design a Web Form in ASP.NET that would enable the user to list Customers records in a DevExpress ASPxGridView control and edit the data through a form designed in DevExpress ASPxFormLayout control that pops up when the user clicks the New command link (displayed next to each record) or the Name field (which is a hyperlink – allowing users to edit the clicked record)
b. Category (this should be a drop down listing the Categories)
c. Name (this should display as a hyperlink that when clicked, loads the Customer Edit Form to allow users to edit the record)
i. New (this command would load the New Customer Form allowing users to enter a new Customer record)
j. Edit (this command would load the Edit Customer Form allowing users to edit fields for an existing Customer record)
k. Delete (this command would delete the customer record)
The Add / Edit Customer form should show as a popup form (using AJAX) on top of the middle of the Grid.
Use the following technologies:
- ASP.NET Web Forms in .NET 4.0.
- DevExpress 12.2
- The DevExpress Metro theme
- SQL Server 2008/2012
- Visual Studio 2010
We want to work with individual contractors only - no agencies please.
This would be a long term job for the right candidate and we will pay for the test results for the chosen candidate.
Skills: .net, design