TrueShip, creators of the ReadyCloud shipping and eCommerce solution, is looking for an experienced web developer to join our team as a temporary contributor on new and existing products in Python/Django.
We seek a programmer capable of diligent and effective work on online web software, with an eye towards identifying and resolving problems proactively.
The application is written in Python/Django and built with HAML/SHPAML, Bootstrap, SASS, Bourbon, Postgres, Mongo, Angular.js and many other modern technologies.
The contract may become long term.
You can expect work such as:
* Develop a web based project involving shipping as part of a small, focused team.
* Integrate ReadyCloud with many third party APIs.
* Write ReadyCloud apps (like Facebook apps, little stand-alone apps that connect to and augment ReadyCloud).
* Work on a modern RESTful backend API.
* Write and maintain unit and integration tests.
* Solve bugs with existing components.
* Solid programming experience with a knack for fast learning.
* A good understanding of what makes for a good user experience.
* Confidence with creating unit tests to verify before and after behaviour when refactoring and fixing components. Behaviour driven testing experience is a plus.
* Full time availability and ability to attend a 15:00 UTC meeting every weekday.
Note that this is a temporary but 40/hrs a week position. The expected duration of the job is only a few weeks but we wish to find a contractor able to engage full time for that duration. We do not hire agencies, only individuals.