We run a web development company in the US, building most of our sites on Joomla.
We are looking to bring on a technical assistant to help setup, configure, and arrange content for Joomla sites that we build and manage.
We're looking for someone who is :
- Comfortable with the Joomla environment, using the web-based administrator, both front-end and back-end.
- Comfortable with HTML code and WYSIWYG editing - so you can switch back and forth when entering/editing content
- Comfortable with installing and testing out plugins, components, and modules in a test environment.
- Able to follow instructions and follow protocols for how we set up our sites.
Here's what isn't necessary:
- We don't need a PHP expert to code Joomla PHP code, or code new plugins ... at least not at the moment
- We don't need an "installation expert", as we have that pretty well covered.
Some examples of the work this assistant will be doing:
- Making content changes per client request ... ie, adding pictures, or changing a paragraph on a page
- Adding new articles and linking menu items to make new pages
- Setting up modules to show content in certain positions.
Nice skills to have:
- Comfort with Firebug for testing small CSS updates to the Joomla template.
- Comfort with Fabrik
- Comfort with Advanced Module Manager
- Comfort with Jumi
This position will be for ongoing per-project work.