I will be using Verotel to process my credit card payments. Currently, they will not be completely integrated into website directly. It will be more like a Paypal standard account type integration, where-as the customer will link away from my website to Verotel to make payment, and upon completion of payment, will be sent back to my website. I have no idea how to control teh passing of usernames/passwords between the two, so that I can keep track of which customers completed payment to activate their acounts on my site, and which customers did not complete payments. The ones that created an account on my site but did not make successful payment will not be allowed to access my site obviously. Here is a directly quotes response from Verotel trying to explain their process:
""Here is how the standard Verotel RUM setup works:
- We configure a script (verotelRUM.pl) on your server. This script adds and deletes users in a password file on your server.
- When a new user joins your site, we call the RUM script to add the user to the password file. When the user's membership expires, we call the RUM script to remove the user from the password file.
- We configure an .htaccess file in the "members" directory (the directory --- often called "members" --- that contains the content you are selling) to refer to the password file for user authentication. A username/password prompt will pop up when someone tries to view/download files contained in the password-protected directory, and only users listed in the password file will be granted access.
This is the type of setup that we can configure for you. If you wish to customize your setup,e.g. to integrate with your database, we won't be able to do that for you, but we will be happy to answer your questions."
" "I have attached some documents regarding the RUM setup, in case you want to develop a custom integration for your site.
- When a user purchases a membership at your website, that user can either be assigned a username/password (which we call usercode/passcode) or the user can choose that (if you have enabled that option in the setup tab in the Verotel control center)
- You can also pass the usercode and passcode as parameters to the Verotel order page, in case you want users to keep a username they've already registered with your site.
- After a user purchases a membership at your website our system calls the RUM script on your server (our version or your own custom version, which is expected to adhere to the same interface) to add the user.
- Some parameters (usercode, passcode, transaction type, transaction ID, amount, and some optional custom fields that you can pass as parameters to the order page) are passed as input to the RUM script. At this point you can make any desired updates to your database.
- No cookies are used
- The user is then able to log in to your site with the usercode/passcode
- When the subscription expires, we call the RUM script again to delete the user
Please see the attachments for more details."