We are a small enterprise software consulting firm that specializes in providing innovative custom solutions and applications for our customers. The nature of our work is very dynamic, as each project tends to be different from one another and it is a fast paced environment.
We're starting to grow and we need a Senior Java Developer with 5-8 years experience to come in and make an immediate difference by working on our existing customer's projects as well as help us take it to the next level by developing new products and solutions.
We're looking for a Java Developer with a strong track record of developing, testing and deploying high quality enterprise software. You should be able to understand the pain points and problems that an organization using our products and solutions has, and also have the vision to provide solutions to these problems. You should be a self-starter, a quick learner, be able to read through existing code to help maintain our projects, as well as write new, rock-steady code for future projects.
If you are hired, you will immediately be assigned to work on projects for several different clients. Initially, the work will involve a lot of feature development and bug fixing. This will also help you become very familiar with the product that we work on and the solutions that we provide.
Hours: We require approximately 30-40 hours a week for 2-3 months working on 2-3 different projects. If you do fairly well, we would like to continue sending projects your way :).
At a minimum, you should have the following skill sets:
- 5-8 years+ of Java working on business-oriented or enterprise applications.
- JUnit - Real world experience writing unit tests.
- REST APIs, Web Services
- XML, JDom
- Various Jakarta projects, including Commons, HttpClient, etc.
- Tomcat 6, 7
- Spring or experience with some application framework
- Hibernate and SQL
- Windows Server - This is a windows based application. You don't need a lot of expertise, but just need to know how to RDP into a Windows box, start Tomcat, etc :)
The ideal candidate would have:
- Knowledge of SSO, SAML, ADFS a huge plus.
2.2 Development Tools / Environment:
We have standardized on the following dev environment. You should have previous working experience with the following:
- Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo
- Agile development methodologies