We're a rapidly growing company looking to hire an expert PHP Web Application Developer for at least 40+ hours per week. We have a wide range of systems and requirements, and need a well-rounded and highly skilled engineer with a fantastic, dedicated work ethic to keep up with our growing needs.
1. Dedicated to only working for our company *at least* 40+ hours per week.
2. Available to work during USA PST time zone, generally from 7:00AM to 5:00PM Pacific time.
3. Fast learner, self-sufficient and highly motivated. Needs to work good from issue assigned to you via Jira ticketing system as well as work with a team and contribute in team meetings.
4. Problem solver. We will rely on you to figure out complex IT issues with a minimum of hand-holding.
5. Proven ability to provide clear, concise documentation for all tasks completed.
6. English fluency. You will be required to participate in conference calls at least weekly. You may need to work directly with customers and providers on assigned issues.
Specific Required Skills:
PHP - expert skill level required
MySQL - expert skill level required
Linux - Centos & openSUSE
Zend Framework (Currently Version 1, we are in the process of re-writing code for Version 2)
Magento - Online Shopping Site
GIT - Version Control System
API maintenance and coding - SOAP, REST and RESTFUL
AWS - RDS and EC2
Agile Scrum development experience a plus
Jira / Greenhopper experience also a plus.
Unfortunately, we have had some sub-optimal experiences on oDesk with IT providers. As a result, the winning contractor *must* take and score highly on the following oDesk Skills Tests to demonstrate your skills.
Additional tests beyond these are also highly recommended, including VoIP, AWS, Apache and Cisco tests.
In order for us to weed out the spam applicants and show us that you actually read this complete description, please preface your cover letter with the words "I am qualified for this position".
Based on our experience on oDesk, we prefer a dedicated individual to applications from teams. Please only apply if you are the actual engineer. Do NOT apply if you are the hiring manager for a team or company.
The winning bidder will show us in his application, with Skill Tests to prove it, how you are qualified for this position, and how you can make a long-term contribution to our team.
Skills: english, linux, voip, apache, agile