I'm building a portfolio of sites (www.sydneyfamily.com.au, www.melbournefamily.com.au, etc.) currently based on Pligg CMS.
Need several enhancements to existing site:
- need ability to sort stories by event date ( a custom field) - currently stories all sorted by date submitted.
- need stories to expire once event date has passed
- need to add google maps integration. User should be able to enter their address and quickly map those events closest to them. Details should be stored for next visit regardless of login. only current events should be available (not those already passed)
- need calendar function available to search for upcoming events by day, week, or month
New additions to site:
- need to add discussion board - ideally open source for simple modification down the line. Open to suggestions
Site redesign -
- currently using Arthemia template in Pligg. I'm not unhappy with current look, so would like 2 options quoted: 1) update current look and UI to make it easier to understand and navigate ( right now icons are clumsy and confusing). 2) overhaul site design in similar "playful" feel as site is aimed at families with kids - primarily young kids.
New design elements:
- I need to add a group buying functionality (similar to ourdeal.com.au, or groupon.com, woot.com). Expectation is that this portion of the site will take 30-50% of surface space of site as this will be the revenue generating component of site (the pligg stories will be traffic generating). My initial thought was to split the screen vertically with pligg stories on one side, and group buying content on other - but open for suggestions).
Elements required for group buying section:
- must be easy to update content by non-programmer (e.g. Wordpress or other CMS)
- must have social networking sharing module for twitter, facebook, etc.
- must have ability to add email to receive daily updates on new deals
- must have secure payment and shopping cart setup
- must have tracker to count number of purchases (and display once certain number reached)
- as new deals are added, they need to automatically be on front page, while previous deals are archived and searchable by date and keyword
- must have ability to discuss current deal in discussion groups.
So in sum - final front page of site will have "stories" or events driven by Pligg, group buying driven by open source, and links to new discussion board and shopping cart. I'll be replicating design and layout at other family sites as well, so everything needs to be very portable across multiple websites.
Www.sydneyfamily.com.au is best reference point for current site
Appreciate if you can quote by different section above and provide timing as well as costs. if this goes well there will be plenty more!
Skills: make, google-maps, design, facebook