** IMPORTANT: Please do not apply unless you are interested in an *ongoing* Video Editor role with me.
SHORT TERM TASK
This job is a short-term task to create a short video using Camtasia, which features sample sheets of the eKit.
You will edit a basic video template (supplied) by replacing images, text, a video snippet (containing a slideshow of the sample sheets itself), and music (adding audio points, adjusting levels, and adding fades) in the video so that it is customized for the product you're working on.
You will be provided with a basic .camproj template, the intro & outro, a 'sample sheets' movie clip, details, backing track, and a 3D box image.
Here is an example of the resulting video that is required:
Since we are screening for a long-term Video Editor, this is for just one ‘test’ job to see the quality of and how you work, your skills, and efficiency.
MORE ABOUT THE LONG TERM ROLE
If we work well together then I may invite you to work with me more in the long term. For example, in the short-term, I have approximately 30 videos (of this nature) that need to be created.
Training and/or checklists will be provided.
If you are interested in this job, please answer the following questions below in your reply. N.B. Please do not attach a separate Word document - it will not be considered.
1. Is English your first or second language?
2. How would you describe your level of English (e.g. basic, intermediate, fluent, very fluent) in terms of:
a) Understanding written instructions?
b) Written skills. Communicating via email or IM?
3. When can you start work on this job?
4. What are your available working hours? I.e. What days of the week, how many hours. Please be as specific as possible.
5. Do you have any other commitments? I.e. are you full time / part time study or job. Do you have other clients? How much time do these take up?
6. How would you describe your ability to meet deadlines? And how flexible are you? If I need something done within, say 24 hours, would this be possible for you to do?
7. Are you available via Gtalk (instant messaging)? This is my preferred way of communication.
8. a) Do you have any experience with creating videos with Camtasia? If so, please tell me about it.
8. b) Do you have experience with adding audio points in Camtasia and adjusting volume levels?
HARDWARE & SOFTWARE:
9. Which version of Camtasia will you be using?
10. How fast is your computer? How much RAM does it have? How long does it take to render, say, a 2 minute video, on Camtasia?
11. Would you be willing to sign a confidentiality agreement to assure me that you will keep all information private and confidential?
MORE ABOUT YOU:
12. Please explain why you feel you'd be good for the job.
13. Step by step instructions are provided, in addition to a training video. If you make mistakes, would you be willing to fix the video in your own time (i.e. off the clock)?
14. All work must be logged via the Odesk work diary. Please let me know if this is ok with you.
15. I will only consider people who are Odesk Ready. Please let me know if you have taken this test successfully.
16. Please bid for this job with the rate that you would ask if we were to work long term together.
17. To show that you have read this post please quote the word 'SNOW' at the BEGINNING of your application. If it is not, your application won’t be considered.
In terms of commitment, I am looking for someone who would be interested in a long term working relationship with the company. If we work well together then this role can become a long term position for you.
Looking forward to hearing from you!
Skills: video, english