Job Description (LONG TERM)
We're looking for a graphic designer with deep expertise in designing print and web items for a publishing company. We are publishing books and ebooks.
The job will entail:
1. Researching visual layouts of cover pages, latest trends in cover designs;
2. Designing and laying out the books and eBooks, images, diagrams;
3. Creating symbols and icons that would apply to the books and eBooks; and
4. Converting author’s ideas into images and diagrams.
We are looking for a contractor that has the following skills:
1. Strong online graphic and print design background;
2. Understanding of online and traditional publishing industry;
3. Ability to conduct research and apply learnings to this work in process;
4. Understanding of icons, symbols, diagrams, flow charts.
How to apply
Please respond with a cover letter that includes the following:
1. Your background in graphic design, and how much time you’ve spent in online and offiline traditional publishing;
2. Your interest in designing and how much time you currently spend designing various things
In addition, please submit a portfolio of your work with particular emphasis on transferable skills to online and traditional designing for publishing.
About the company
We are a publishing company that is focused on educational and corporate training publications. We aim to transfer knowledge using various media including books and ebooks.
Skills: research, design, ebooks, training