Use your legal research and writing skills to help with summarizing records on appeal and develop cutting edge appeals.
* US law school or paralegal education required;
* Experience working as attorney, unlicensed JD or certified paralegal is greatly preferred;
* Must have understanding of and experience working with American state and federal statutes;
* Must be able to respond and work on a 24-48 timetable for some assignments;
* Experience or background in commercial, property, and constitutional law, and federal procedure helpful;
* Should be able to read facts objectively and focus on the key facts that are legally important;
* Will be asked to sign confidentiality agreements which extend beyond the potential work period;
* Good communication skills, ability to work with a team, respond to emails and phone calls, take direction, ask questions if directions aren't clear, and maintain an upbeat, positive and open attitude;
* Ability or experience in writing concise, insightful, and complete legal memorandums.
In this position, you will be asked to review and summarize records on appeal, draft/revise statements of fact, and use our Westlaw access to find cases/answers and provide them in memo format to other members of our Legal Research team.
We need top quality, conscientious attorneys, unlicensed JDs or paralegals for this project. If you enjoy the work and fit in well with the Legal Research Team, long term work is quite possible, and you will be rewarded for your initiative, attitude, and expertise.
If you fit this profile, please send respond and include
1. Your resume;
2. Two writing samples, preferably appellate related;
4. Your realistic per hour compensation expectation.
5. Your ability to work on your computer with Internet connection and with electronic documents;
6. Number of hours per week that you are available;
7. Your technology skills;
8. Your word processing skills to provide a memorandum of law that is polished;
9. Your Blue Book and appellate rules skills;
10. Your ability to respond/work within a short time frame;
11. Your particular interests in law;
12. Whether you can work smoothly and easily with a team;
13. Whether you are available by phone during the work week, during evenings, and some weekends.