We are looking for experienced mechanical and design engineers to join our team. We have a variety of projects which we need to complete over the next 1-2 years.
We are ideally looking for mechanical and process engineers who:
(1) Have a broad technical understanding and understand machine design and process principles and who also have an understanding of production & fabrication technologies such as welding, laser cutting, 2,3,4,5 axis CNC machine, tolerances, bearing selection, air systems and servo drive technology. We are not looking for CAD engineers simply to convert 2D to 3D or compile manufacturing drawings only.
(2) Is proficient in the use of Solid Works.
(3) A basic working knowledge of English.
(4) Has a fast internet connection.
(5) Can communicate (voice, text and screen sharing) on Skype.
(6) Agrees to log onto ODesk when working.
(7) Can commit to an agreed number of working hours per week (agreed at the beginning of the project) and keep to this commitment throughout the duration of the project.
(8) We prefer to have regular but short communication via Skype chat and screen sharing to avoid any misunderstanding during the design process. Once the initial design concept is complete, frequency of meetings will reduce.
(9) Work also involves producing manufacturing drawings which also means defining commercial parts such as bearing selection and other comercial part selection. The candidate should have experience in this area.
(10) We work in a variety of sectors such as food processing, handling of paper webs & materials, air handling & ducting, specialist mechanical high speed production process machinery, packaging, tobacco, nonwoven industry, granule processing, robotics and AGVs. Experience in any of these areas would be of benefit.
(11) Any experience of 3D studio max would be of benefit but not essential.
(12) Try where possible to work alone with minimal supervision as we do not have the supervision resources to invest a significant amount of time with any single individual.
We can offer:
(1) To start work immediately on small tasks so we can assess co-working potential and suitability to our specific type of work/machine design. Should the small task work be completed successfully, we can move forward together on larger more complex designs.
(2) A varied selection of design projects covering a wide range of industries.
(3) On-going long term work for suitable candidates.
(4) Once a design job is finished and completed to our clients satisfaction, an additional profit related bonus can be paid on top of hourly rate.
If you are not a mechanical engineer and are offering general services on ODesk, please do not apply.
Skills: design, engineering