We are reviewing applications - please do not submit any more applications at this time. Thanks for those who applied:
The selection process is as followed:
1. Many of you completed the test and showed a pro-active approach by submitting the files without being asked. If you did this, you were short listed.
2. Only a few applications were actually inaccurate, or had obvious broken 3D data, if you had this then they were removed.
3. If it was clear that english speaking was going to be a problem then they were removed.
4. The remaining applications will be sorted by a combination of earliest application submission time, hourly rate, experience and ratings on Odesk, and thoroughness of submission
5. 3 remaining applicants will be asked to participate in a challenge to improve an existing design based on their experience and intuition. Those emails go out tonight!
A great opportunity for anyone, experienced or new to prove yourself right now and get hired part-time long term as a designer for our team. Should be available at all times to turn around basic part changes within 24-48 hours, and major changes within 72 hours. Creative design and understanding of manufacturing is a plus. Sketchup usage is a plus.
All parts always need to be exported as STP, IGS, and 2D PDF format.
To win this job:
1 - As a very basic test (should take 10 minutes), submit a 2D PDF and STEP file based off the attached design (we already have it complete). Also export the file as a STL format is a plus.
2 - Communicate in good English and respond quickly
3 - Offer a competitive hourly bid rate
Skills: design, pdf, test, english