I am searching for someone to be my "product listing specialist" across multiple ecommerce platforms, including Overstock, Amazon, eBay, Etsy, ArtsyHome, Wayfair and more. Our product lines are primarily centered around artwork, decor, furniture and accessories, so I would love someone who is creative, artistic, and interested in the industry. That will give me confidence in turning this position into a long-term job opportunity.
Obviously the position will require a significant amount of data entry, however I want someone who can go beyond just copy/pasting and use their own intellect to come up with unique and descriptive keyword combinations, relevant and keyword-rich product titles and subtitles, and who can adapt, modify and elaborate the product specs and information to the required fields of each website. Th format for Overstock is different than eBay, for example, so I need someone is can think for themselves and adjust the product data to make sure both channels get full, complete, relevant information.
If your work is impressive this should be a long-term position - I have already hired two full time subcontractors after starting out as freelancers! We own and manage several divisions and are adding new products regularly, so we will constantly have the need for product data uploading across all of our sales channels.
Here are some qualifications and additional details:
- Excellent English grammar, vocabulary and writing skills
- Very thorough and close attention to detail
- Experience with product uploads on eBay/Amazon/etc - if you are familiar with at least a couple of accounts you should be able to learn the rest easily
- The work can get tedious if you do not enjoy data entry, so I want to make sure the candidate is comfortable with that. Personally I enjoy adding new products and checking in on the stats to see if they are getting traffic, but not everyone is weird like me =)
- Someone with a creative mind who will think of accurate/descriptive/creative keywords and product attributes
- Someone with an analytical mind who will not only add the product data, but who might be interested in following up on traffic trends and optimizing the listings go help get them more visibility
- Schedule is flexible, but probably need 25-40 hours/week