I am looking for a developer familiar enough with either C, C++ or C# to create an application that will:
1) Support serial communications bi-directionally between a host Windows PC computer and external devices.
2) Allows the user to select the com port that the device is attached to.
3) Allows a hard coded serial device name to be added in place of the iterated com port.
4) Receives MIDI messages via a user specified baud rate with the default baud rate set to the MIDI standard of 31250.
5) Opens a MIDI port through which communications may be established with other midi applications and VSTi's available on the open market.
6) Supports hot PnP of external devices.
The code has to be clean in order to support additional requirements in a phase/part two delivery. I can do either an hourly or a fixed price on this project.