Experienced Editor / Head of Marketing for Fashion Apparels Ecommerce site & Blog
Our website is a state-of-the-art ecommerce marketplace site for fashion apparels and home décor items. The front end of the store has the look and feel of a high end galleria style department store. We also have a twice weekly blog and a biweekly newsletter for our community of users and followers as a part of our marketing plan.
We are looking for an experienced and accomplished person with a professional background in marketing, first class writing and editing skills and most of all, with a flair for style and an interest and knowledge in fashion or the fashion industry, for the role of Editor and to head our Marketing Department.
The Marketing Department is responsible for all marketing, media and promotional materials published. The Marketing Department is our interface with the outside world beyond the user community. The mission of the Marketing Department is to promote our brand name, culture and concept and to recruit new users and to expand our user base.
As Editor and Head of Marketing, you will also be responsible for coordinating and supervising blog contributors, and your core responsibilities will include the following:
1. Edit and publish our blog twice a week.
2. Write, edit and publish our Newsletter every other week.
3. Develop relationship with other influential media platforms and offer to guest blog.
4. Submit guest blogging articles.
5. Hand pick newly listed items to feature.
6. Hand pick the best of “Trends” compositions to feature.
7. Recruit, instruct, direct and supervise blog article writers.
8. Supervise and direct Assistant Editor.
9. Collate and provide “readership” or follower metrics for all marketing and media channels used.
You should have a very high level of computer literacy and be proficient in:
• MS Office applications especially Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Visio.
• Blogging CMS platforms such as WordPress and Joomla.
• Digital imaging, especially editing images in Photoshop.
• Graphic design skills and knowledge of Adobe PDF and InDesign is a definite plus.
To be effective as Head of Marketing, we would also expect you to have the social media savvy of a marketing professional. You will be responsible for all contents published in the social media channels (primarily Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest) and be expected to leverage these channels to our best advantage.
• Creative, enthusiastic and passionate
• Positive attitude
• Motivated, take initiative
• Excellent communicator
Commitment and Compensation
You would be working remotely using an online collaboration platform. You will be communicating directly with every member of our small but highly effective team of professionals as well as our contributing bloggers, and reporting directly to the CEO and founder.
You should be available for 10-20 hours per week. We envisage that this would be a part time position once the learning curve has taken effect. Your will be paid an hourly rate.
How to apply
Please include your resume in the application and a covering letter telling us why you are the best person for the job and what you are doing now. Besides the skills match and having the relevant experience, we are looking for evidence of the personal qualities we have outlined and more importantly, commitment and passion.
This is a long term position and could be a fun and gratifying job for the right person who has the passion, the interest and the relevant skills and experience for the job and you will be playing a crucial role in taking our very promising ecommerce site to the next level!
Thank you for your interest and we looking forward to hearing from you!
Skills: marketing, design, pdf, facebook, twitter, pinterest