We are creating a 100-150 page workbook that is focused on personal finance. It contains written information, stories, pull quotes, illustrations and many fill in forms, tables, charts and infographics. (We may outsource the illustration and infographics components if we choose a designer who doesn't focus in those areas.)
We are seeking a graphic designer who is experienced, creative, motivated and capable. The following abilities and traits are critical:
• Previous experience in workbook development (we’ll want to see prior samples)
• Enjoy collaborating via email/phone/skype
• Ability to give design direction and creative input
• Ability to take a dry subject and make it look FUN
• Can balance a fun look with clean lines and presentation
• Ability to understand how other people will interact with the book, and create a workbook that works for users
• The very important trait of meeting deadlines. And if deadlines can’t be met (because no one is perfect), communicating ahead of time.
• To be a thought partner in completing the workbook, meaning that if the workload becomes too much, suggesting alternatives to complete the work.
We have one chapter that is 90% complete that we would like to use as both a prototype to nail down all of the design and formatting issues, and to test our working relationship.
The job I am posting is for the one chapter, approximately 20 pages plus forms. I would like to see design concepts within one week, and draft layout within two weeks.
I am willing to pay either by project or hourly, but expect that the 20 pages plus approximately 10 forms in this chapter will result in approximately $750-$1,000 of billing.
Skills: layout-design, design, test