We are running a webstore and have a few challenges that require an experienced sysadmin. Most of the tasks a quick fixes and we have occasional need of reconfiguration.
I`m looking for someone who`s done it many times before and has templates. Please briefly describe your approach to the tasks.
Here is what we need help with:
1. Set up bot blocking/ separating system killing bad ones and letting through good ones (google, bing, thefind)
2. Set up proper load balancing and failovers between dedicated store servers (www1 and www2) and dedicated DB1 and vm - DB2
3. Improve our AWS integration for Magento. Currently only 1 of 5 distributions works and some pictures are still pulled from our server instead of CDN.
4. Set up proper access routine to our colo servers through an Access VM. E.g. people go to Access and through that server can login to either VMs or physical servers. In some cases we need direct access to www1/2 and db1 with separate set of keys/ credentials
5. Set up load/ availability monitoring (we have Zabbix but it`s not really working). Monitoring agent can sit either on my home esxi machine or one of the two outside machines (atoms)