CSS Tidy up and Fixing for desktop and mobile: Wordpress
We have a site that is part codeigniter and part Wordpress. They basically use the same header and footers and overall CSS. We need to have the CSS tidied up and made valid, including the following:
1) Valid XHTML
2) The wordpress site uses Arjuna-x plus a customized child-theme. We need this to be combined into one stand-along theme so as to improve page load times. In doing so, all the redundant and duplicate CSS rules need to be cleaned out and merged together to make the css file lighter.
3) The Arjuna theme is supposed to be responsive, but has been broken with the customizations. We need it to be responsive for display on tablets
4) The desktop theme uses some fixed divs. These don't work on Tablets, so they need to be redisigned for display on tablets.
5) We have a mobile theme that works pretty well, but some of the codeigniter pages are too wide for display on phones, so need adjusting. Also the syling of the pages themselves needs to be tidied up to look good on a phone.
6) The main header.css has a lot of unused styles in it. It needs to be cleaned up, and duplicates merged.
7) Ultimately we will want all the css and js files combined into one minimized one.
We need someone who:
Has a good eye for style, and can make our site look good. We want something clean, simple and lightweight. We expect you to make suggestions. However, we expect you to NOT make big style changes without first asking our approval. If you see a way in which things can be done better, tell us.
Has a good eye for detail. Sometimes it is a matter of lining things up by just one pixel. We expect you to see such things, and make them right.
Has good availability. You need to be able to devote significant time to this until it is finished. It is not a big job, but if you are good, there will no doubt be other work. It won't work if you are available for only the odd hour here or there.
Is good at communicating. As of next week I will be on Eurpoean Time. I need to be able to get hold of you during my daytime, preferably by skype. You will need to report on what files you are changing, so we don't overwrite each other's work (we don't have an SVN in place)
Is good at asking questions. If you are not clear on something, or need a decision to be made, ASK
This is a live site. We need someone who is not going to screw it up.
Please quote TastyVite in your application, and make a suggestion on how you might improve our site of the same name. Also make sure you tell us accurately how much time you can devote to this, and when you can start.