We have RoR 3.2 project that uses Device for authorization with quite
standard user model (name, avatar etc.)
We need to install this forum software -
https://github.com/discourse/discourse and integrate it with current
Integration need to be:
- Cross-project login support, so if user logged in on main site he
should be logged in on forum. Architecture should be the following:
User log in on main site only (forum should redirect user to main site to login), after login special forum token will be generated and sent to forum (forum need to save that token) and set into cookies. When user come to forum, the software need to check for cookies, if forum token presented - forum need to do search for user with this forum token, if one found - the user need to be signed in
- It should keep DB updated with user data from main site - user name,
email, avatar, URL should be updated - this suppose to be done by API that you will need to create - main site will sent information if a user got updated.
Developer of main site always available and if necessary able to
create any required api or callback (for example, update data on user
- Please start your message with 'rails forum' so we will know you are not bot.
- Forum design need to be change slightly, mainly only colors and fonts.
- Forum software need to be installed on server, server should be
secured (some anti-hacker protection), prepared and tested to work in
- You need to be available for at least 8-10 hours per day for contact on short notice.
Please provide prove of some relevant experience where you did work on
integration or with third party code.
Also provide your desirable hourly rate for further work on that
software and integration.