Pittsburgh-based analytics company seeks a detail oriented Python developer for the design and development of a green-field project. The application will be a ground-up rewrite of an existing system and will include a GUI front-end, processing back-end, integration with MySQL and integration with R. The successful candidate will be an individual who is an experienced Python application developer rather than a scripter.
• Design and develop a GUI front-end
• Design and develop back-end
• Integrate with R for statistical modeling
• Design, develop and run your own unit tests
• Work well on your own
• High-quality deliverables
• Interface with data scientists and senior management
• Write clean, clear, maintainable code and document it for the next developer
• Proficiency in Python (2+ years)
• Experience with statistical modeling
• Experience loading medium-large datasets into shared memory for efficient operation
• Ability to design and implement unit tests
• Excellent communication skills and ability to justify their design/implementation decisions
An opportunity exists for the right individual to become a full-time employee at the end of the contract.
This is an *on-site* consulting position in Pittsburgh, PA for 3-6 months. We will provide accommodations (apartment or hotel) if you are from outside the Pittsburgh area.