An opportunity for a Mobile/Web Developer with experience of building APIs to join the start up development team within the digital arm of company.
This role involves working across our portfolio of 6+ applications and various brands including developing and integrating front and back end functionality using open source technologies. You will have extensive PHP experience and experience building and implementing mobile applications, websites and APIs in a commercial environment, to allow interaction between mobile devices, websites and third party applications.
You must be able to work independently on projects as well as being able to collaborate as a strong team member, with excellent attention to detail.
Technical skill set:
● RESTful web services (JSON, XML)
● Drupal (Module development, Theming)
● PHP 5.x (object-oriented and procedural) and MySQL 5.x
● XHTML, CSS, web standards
● Lucene and Solr / Sphinx / other faceted search system
● Linux command line
● Version control systems
● Agile/Scrum and test-driven development (TDD)
● Delegated authentication technologies such as OAuth, OpenID etc
● Mobile app development (iPhone, Android, Symbian)
● Social media development (e.g. Facebook, Open Social, Twitter)
● Linux server administration
● Distributed VCS ( Mercurial, Git)
● Task management tools (e.g. Trac, Jira, Fogbugz), PHPDoc, wikis
● Continuous integration / DevOps tools
Skills: json, linux, agile, facebook, twitter, administration, management