Top Rated Software Developer - Java / Spring
Last active: 2 months ago
As an Independent Java Consultant, I build enterprise-grade web applications to small businesses.
My passion is engineering scalable, robust and future-proof web applications using open-source technologies. I'm a generalist who gets up to speed in a short period of time and delivers results consistently. I'm also an author on Java Code Geeks: http://www.javacodegeeks.com/author/david-kiss/.
With 10+ years in the software industry and delivering a dozen different projects I understand how to maximize ROI on Java-based web applications.
- Taking business ideas off napkins and into reality - designing and building high performing web applications (Spring Boot, REST, AngularJS, Twitter Boostrap, Cloud, AWS)
- Identifying and resolving critical customer-facing issues with short turn-around time
- Integrating applications with 3rd-party services (JMS, SQL, NoSQL, Cassandra, Kafka, Neo4j, RESTful web services, LDAP, OAuth, Camel)
- Scaling applications and resolving performance bottlenecks (Java, Hibernate, SQL) to keep maintenance costs down
- Helping developer teams deliver high-quality code consistently (Agile, Scrum, Lean, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, automated deployment, Fabric, automated tests, JUnit, Mockito, JMeter)
- Focusing on big wins and minimizing risks
I’m located in Toronto, Canada and able to begin working on your job right away. Please feel free to contact me to discuss your project.