Vicente Bacus III
SQL and Business Intelligence Developer
As a Reports Designer
1. Lead business and technical analysis sessions to support new development efforts to meet current and projected business needs
2. Performs complex assignments involving systems analysis, development, maintenance, and
report creation independently.
3. Analyzes customer needs and develops reports using rapid application report development
4. Works cooperatively with staff and customers.
5. Prepares report proposals, outlines and schedules.
6. Insures that all programs and systems are sufficiently documented.
7. Provides for adequate controls and checks.
8. This position serves as a team leader and mentor to others in the development department.
As an Application Administrator/Technical Support
1. Serve as contact/liaison for functional users, the systems vendor(s), Application Services, and IT
2. Provide application-level expertise, bridging the gap between the user and Application Services staff.
3. Work with Application Services staff in the technical support of multiple enterprise applications and
4. Work to identify and develop “power users” within each department who can respond to routine
functional and training issues.
5. Troubleshoot systems issues:
− Receive problem report from user(s).
− Work with the users to understand, resolve the problem and ensure proper follow-up.
− Refer the problem to the helpdesk and/or the vendor, as needed.
− Keep good documentation of all issues, pending and resolved.
6. Provide recommendations to department managers and Application Services staff on departmental
needs for additional training, report customizations, system enhancements, upgrades, etc.
7. Have the ability to handle system security and user role profile management
8. Promote standardization across divisions in utilizing enterprise application systems.
9. Have a detailed understanding of database technology and participate in systems conceptual design
and planning activities.
10. Assist with implementation activities such as:
− Project meetings
− Review and approval of deliverable documents (detailed design specifications, test plans, schedule
− System testing
− User training
− System acceptance
11. Responsible for maintaining a general awareness of HRT’s EMS
12. Responsible for handling all related job responsibilities in accordance to HRT’s Environmental Policy,
relevant EMS Standard Operating Procedures, and Emergency Management Plan
13. Manage records created and received in compliance with the Hampton Roads Transit Records
Management Policy and Procedures.