Last active: 06/25/2014
October 2011 – September 2013 (2 years)Zagreb
Transition from proof-of-the-concept to usable product for document access protection (please, see www.smartrm.com for details). Concept uses MPEG-21 protocol and its public domain implementation libraries, MXM (on client side) and Chillout (on server side) as core.
Tasks performed include
- partial code refactoring of both client side and server side.
- implementation of user interface on client side,
- design / implementation of communication protocols for informations not covered by core MPEG-21.
- implementation of user web access to the data stored on server (known as web-console, application separate from server)
- port of client from MS-Windows to Mac OS X (and writing necessary patches for different libraries)
Tools and languages:
- client C/C++, Qt, and on Mac OS X systems part had to be using Cocoa, Axis2C
- server java 1.6, SpringFramework, Hibernate 3, Mule ESB 2, Axis2/REST
- webconsole RubyOnRails 3.2, REST
May 2011 – June 2011 (2 months)Zagreb
Arhcitecture and implementation of data exchange protocol via XBRL defined structure. A simple state machine with simple grammar was enough to produce compact engine to transfer data from database into XML, this way entirely escaping JAXB which was initial idea of customer. Work was completed in two weeks. The rest of the engagement was support for run-in of the library.
Language: Java 1.6
July 2007 – March 2009 (1 year 9 months)
Event Management System for Novartis Spa. Milan, Italy : Oracle DB, BEA 8 web server, Struts 1.1, Spring Framework 2.5, Hibernate 3 - architecture & implementation of entire system (Jan. 2008 - March 2009)
Shopping Cart backend for Feltrinelli Spa, Milan, Italy: MS SQL, Spring Framework 2.5, Hibernate 3, Velocity, Mule. Shopping cart module communicated with 5 external systems (run by different companies): procurement, sales, logistics, credit card company, web front end. This required to provide communication via various technologies (flat file fixed record, SOAP, RPC, proprietary protocols) - architecture & implementation of entire DB and business logic, partially of communication protocols (July 2007 - Dec. 2007)
RA at Institute for Simulation and Training at University of Central Florida Orlando, FL, US
Institute for Simulation & Traninig
August 2006 – January 2007 (6 months)
Port of existing crowd simulation application (single thread) to computer cluster, and locating existing implementation bottlenecks. Pure Java. (Sept.2006 - Jan.2007)
Implementation of tool to assist conversion of raw video data into crowd motion tracking data (idea and implementation), JMF, August 2006
Software Engineer 3
January 2000 – December 2002 (3 years)
Network traffic optimization software development.
Responsible for implemetation of
- Graphical User Interface Framework for interfacing set of applications like Traffic Conditioning, Traffic Engineering, Network Engineering, Bandwidth Management, Service Activation. Framework written in Java, graphical library Swing. Configuration / management of the framework done via extensible set of parameters stored in XML files.
- Implementation of Traffic Conditioning, Bandwidth Management, Network Engineering, partially Traffic Engineering in layers above network device specifics (J2EE Beans).
May 1999 – December 2000 (1 year 8 months)
Development and maintenance ISAPI DLLs in C++ for an online mortgage broker.
Responsible for all the applications on the real-estate portion of the website, including a property valuation tool, a property listing search, and various calculators (external web site).
Architectural redesign, design & development of set of applications for data maintenace & exchange based on WEB paradigm (internal web site).
March 1998 – April 1999 (1 year 2 months)
Implementation of ITU T.120-T.126 (Multipoint Data Conferencing and Real Time Communication Protocols) standard series (including implemetation of required supporting X.690 X.691 protocols).
Work done in platform independent C++ format. Entire development (beta version of server) took only eight months, facilitated by use of custom made code generators and features of Rational Rose