Book Editor and Wordsmith
As a native English speaker and published author of both magazine articles and my own book, "Profitable Newsletters," my experience includes over 8 years working as an editor and marketing copywriter through my business, The Write Associate. I've helped authors of both fiction and non-fiction books to make their writing shine.
For Non-Fiction Authors:
Through my work with 100s of small business owners and years of extensive studies, I've learned what goes into a great book that actually works to expand your reach and attract interest from potential clients. It's not just about eliminating spelling and grammar errors (although, as you know, that's crucial to help present a professional image); in addition to providing the usual, thorough edits to weed out embarrassing spelling, grammar and punctuation errors that even the best writers often miss in their own writing, I also work closely with clients to improve the marketability of the book. Such improvements might include:
• Title suggestions if needed to help attract attention from readers scanning potential books
• Chapter title suggestions to clearly communicate your book's contents and get potential buyers who are skimming the table of contents eager to read your book
• Reader engagement techniques to help gently guide readers to your website and other products, programs, and services
• Rewording industry jargon that might confuse readers
• Line-by-line edits to ensure that the content itself flows smoothly from paragraph to paragraph and chapter to chapter, to help provide a smooth, pleasant reading experience.
My end goal is to help authors publish books that are polished and poised to help spread your message to those who need it.
For Fiction Authors:
I work closely with fiction authors to provide:
• Basic proofreading services to catch any pesky typos, spelling, punctuation and grammatical errors that snuck their way onto your pages.
• Content editing to go over your manuscript with a fine-tooth comb. I'll watch for things like inconsistencies in character behavior/dialogue and the overall theme, as well as review the work for such aspects as overall readability and believable dialogue.
• Copy editing to review for overall clarity and content flow to ensure a smooth, pleasant reading experience.
With all of my work, I offer a no-cost initial critique of a small portion of your document so we can both assess whether working together is a good fit. Please contact me if you're interested in that option. I look forward to helping you make your writing shine!