Senior Java/Python(Core+Web) RnD Engineer
Hi, my name is Eugene.
I'm a software engineer with ~8y of commercial software development experience in Java and ~5y in Python. I'd say that my strong merits are responsibility, honesty and willinness to provide high quality solutions.
I'm relatively new to oDesk, though have number of projects accomplished.
At the same time, employment history does list number of projects that I was a part of during my career: you can find detailed description of key technologies along with responsibilities I was dealing with from project to project.
Thanks for your time reading my profile,- I'm really hoping for further collaboration and having good time implementing interesting solutions.
Next, I'd suggest to get acquainted with my employment history in short. So, don't hesitate to take a cup of coffee - here is my story:
I graduated from Odessa State Academy of Refrigeration with Master of Computer science degree back in 2008.
A year before graduation, I was lucky to be hired as Web Development(jsp, servlet, spring, hibernate) engineer, common tasks were: bug fixing, adding new functionality, developing adapters for the third party APIs, writing documentation.
At 2009 I joined Biz360 Hadoop project which last for three months for me, common tasks: support of data gathering and analyzing functionality, implementing new functionality(hadoop task spider) and unit tests.
Then I joined UCMDB DDM Content project, which I was a part of for almost 5 years. DDM - discovery and dependency mapping – a part of UCMDB project produced by HP enabling discovery of IT infrastructure components like computers, network devices and relationships between them.
Common taks were: research of target technology and development of new content(python scripts) to support new platforms discovery, maintenance, documentation, code/documentation review, customer support/interaction(on site also), technical review of new candidates.
Additionally, in scope of DDM project, I was acting as a team leader for ~1y period. I was responsible for:
- Taking part in weekly status calls with a customer
- Leading daily scrum meetings
- Monitoring for process of implementation of new features
Here is the list of skills I have reasonable experience for:
- Java: java-core, osgi, jsr 223, hadoop, Eclipse RCP, spring mvc, hibernate, rmi, reflection, servlets, HME(Tivo SDK), Bananas
- Python: python-core, django, tornado
- Other: rest, sql, xpath, rest, ssh, telnet, http, netfow, ldap, mq(rabbit-mq)
- Databases: Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, DB2, HANADB, Maxdb
- ERP: SAP
- IDE: Eclipse (JDT, Pydev, PDE), NetBeans
- ОS: Linux and other Unix-like systems
- Tools: git, maven, svn, mercurial, ant, pip, virtualenv
- Languages: English - fluent